Paris Trophy 2020 rules
The “Trophee de Paris” is an international Audio Visual competition, together with an author’s meeting, open to all AV workers, amateur or professional, around the world
The “Trophee de Paris” is run under the patronage patronage of
- FPF number 2020/159
- FIAP number 2020/08
The “Trophée de Paris” is organized by a collective composed of independent people:
• Bernard GENEVOIS
• Michel PARET
• Jean-Paul PETIT
A jury composed of five people competent in the artistic, photographic and audiovisual fields will view all the works received.
There will be no preselection.
The jury will meet before the date of the meetings to collectively determine the final ranking.
For the 2020 edition the jury is composed of :
- Grazia Gamba (Italie)
- Michèle Paret (France)
- Jean Paul Petit (France
- Maurice Ricou (France)
- Jacques van de Weerdt (Belgique)
The “Trophée de Paris” is placed under the patronage :
• FPF under the number 2020 – *** (in progress)
• FIAP under the number 2020 – *** (in progress).
The winner of the Grand Prix will receive an engraved medal of the Paris coin which is the logo of the “Paris Trophy”.
The FIAP medals (Gold, Silver and Bronze), the FPF trophy as well as the FIAP Honorable Mentions, will be awarded to those next in the ranking order.
The potential profit from the sum of the registration fee minus the organizational costs will be distributed to the authors who are at the top of the list.
- By mail: email@example.com
- Website: https://tropheedeparis.fr
2. The competition
Conditions of entry
- The competition is open to all, with the exception of those involved in the organization and the jury.
- Entries are limited to one sequence per author.
- However, the author’s name may appear twice if co-productions are entered.
- Sequences which have been entered in a previous edition of the “Paris Trophy” will not be accepted.
- Subject matter is free but propaganda or offensive material will not be allowed.
- The entire sequence should be based on the single photographic image, however the inclusion of video clips may be tolerated provided they are not predominant in the production.
- The editing file in mp4, mpeg, wmv or exe format (preferably in mp4 format)
- Large files which cannot be projected correctly with the equipment available to the organisers will not be selected.
- The maximum duration allowed is 12 minutes.
Submission of entries
Entries must include :
• The editing file in mp4, mpeg, wmv or exe format (prefer mp4 format)
• A poster (jpeg format, dimensions 1920 × 1080 pixels maximum)
• A portrait of the author (jpeg format, dimensions 1920 × 1080 pixels maximum)
• An identification sheet (fiche) which is available for download from the website.
• Non francophone works must be accompanied by a summary in French or in English.
Entries can be made :
• By Internet (WeTransfer) at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• By post to the following address:
Objectif Image Paris – Paris Trophy Competition – 8 rue Brillat-Savarin – F75013 PARIS.
Registration fees are :
- €15 per sequence
- € 12 for members of the Photographic Federation of France (FPF).
Registration fees can be paid:
- By “Paypal” directly on the “Trophée de Paris” website. (or to email@example.com)
• By bank transfer to the Argenteuil Photo Film
(IBAN: FR18 2004 1000 0114 9195 0R02 067 BIC: PSSTFRPPPAR)
• By French bank check payable to “Photo Film Argenteuil”.
Deadline for registration Registration is definitively recorded when all the elements (editing, file, registration fees) have reached the organizers before:
• April 20, 2020.
April 30th 2020
The sequences entered in the “Trophee de Paris” must be free of all rights of ownership, artistic or otherwise, which others may hold
By the very fact of their participation, the authors undertake to guarantee the organizers against any action that may be exercised against them by the potential rights holders. The organizers can not in any way be held responsible in case of dispute or litigation.
A catalog will be sent to all participants. This will include:
• the list of winning works and authors,
• the alphabetical list established by country and by author with the titles of accepted works,
• a statistical table of the event.
This catalog will be downloadable on the “Trophée de Paris” website.
Retention of sequences
The participants in the “Paris Trophy” allow the organizers to use their works during public sessions or to promote the discipline.
The organizers undertake not to transmit the works to third parties or to place them on the Internet without the authorization of the author.
3.The meeting of Authors
Date and place
A day of meetings, projections and exchanges is organized
• Saturday, May 30, 2020
• Studio Raspail, 216 Boulevard Raspail in Paris (14th)
The morning will be devoted to the projection and discussion of the sequences of the authors present.
This is provisional on the authors having previously registered, by email, their intention to attend.This registration is free.
- Deadline for registration : May 16, 2020
The afternoon and the evening will be devoted :
- The projection of the “Challenge Réclame” prize list organized by Grazia Gamba and Alessandro Benedetti
- The projection of the “Trophée de Paris” charts
4. Processing of personal data
The organizers undertake, within the framework of the “Trophée de Paris” and in accordance with the legislation in force in France and Europe, to ensure the protection, confidentiality and security of the participants’ personal data, as well as respecting their privacy.
For this purpose, the aims pursued by the “Trophée de Paris” are the following:
• Organize audiovisual competitions, public screenings and directors’ meetings
• Inform participants of these events.
The processed data are:
• The audiovisual productions included in the “Trophée de Paris” by their authors.
• The posters of the achievements.
• Descriptive sheets of these achievements.
• The images of the authors’ portraits.
• The email addresses of the authors.
Authors have the right to access, rectify and delete data concerning them by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Authors can unsubscribe themselves directly from the newsletter by clicking on the “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the publication.
The data is kept for the duration of the “Paris Trophy” editions and at the latest 6 months after the organizers’ decision to put an end to it.
Participation in the “Paris Trophy” implies acceptance:
• Of this Regulation
• That the personal data of the authors are processed by the organizers according to the aims pursued.
5. Special conditions of FIAP
By submitting his works to a show under FIAP Patronage, the participant accepts without exception and without objection the following terms: “- that the images submitted may be examined by FIAP to establish whether they comply with the FIAP rules and definitions, even if if the participant is not a member of FIAP, – that FIAP can use all the means at its disposal for this company, – that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files taken by the camera or, failure to provide sufficient evidence will be sanctioned by FIAP, – that in case of sanctions following violations of FIAP rules, the name of the participant will be published in any form useful to inform the organizers of these offenses. -I expressly agree with the provisions of the FIAP regulation 2014/317 “Terms of application for sponsorship and rules for the organization of international photographic events and in particular chapter II.2 concerning the rules of participation and the red list.
6 Calender – Agenda
- Competition registration deadline: April 20, 2020
- Deadline to register a sequence for discussion during the meetings: May 16, 2020
- Meeting of authors: May 30, 2020
- Publication of the winners: first half of June 2020
- Sending catalogs, prizes and awards: end of July 2020